Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cream cheese pasta from Prince Edward Island


What is a innocent soul to do if out of 8 ingredients 3 aren't there? Epsecially if one of the missing is salmon! Oh darn,I shouldn't have revealed that! :)
Well I reached my first milestone. Cooked the popular dish from my dream destination. Originally Smoked Salmon with Pasta and Simple Lemon Dill Cream Cheese Sauce, mine would be renamed simple cream cheese pasta. It was simple to make ! No don't lose hope in me yet. Amateurs should have a better vote of confidence. It turned out well and the opinion was seconded by my roomies. 
Shopping for the stuff took me dangling between 2 Psars and almost Tsar malls. Salmon sadly wasnt available anywhere in B'lore. One enthusiatistic salesman at the mall suggested adding mullets instead of salmon. Wonder what Chef Michael would say to that! 
Statutory warning : Dill pickle cannot be substituted for dill leaves! And always ,always check those mall shelves for the less expensive mustard pastes. The higher end versions are kept right in front of you to burn a whole in your not-so-deep pocket.
And there's nothing more joyous than catching hold of the exact ingredients. Dijon mustard, Penne pasta and cream cheese. Yipeeee!  


So Tuesday being Republic day holiday, I cooked up my milestone dish with a lot of enthu, dash of apprehension and lack of salmon. 
Boiling the pasta took more time than expected. Then I impatiently added the cheese,mustard paste, spring onion,unwanted dill pickle chopped, lemon juice and peppered the whole experiment. While my puzzled roomie cooked the dal-next-door I was thinking of 'what ifs'. What if the whole thing was a sham, what if i ended up having plain jane dal, what if everything turned sour....but when the delicious aroma of the cheese spread the kitchen, I knew this was it! :) 

8 comments:

Joseph Thankachan said...

delicious blog. u didnt invite me :(
couldnt connect with PSAR and TSAR and chef michael.

Joseph Thankachan said...

tree one more thing, is ur blog abt te experience of cooking or is it abt te recipe?
coz if its abt te recipe den u ve to give te recipe details, te time etc

blogoftreez said...

Thanks Jo.. Psar and Tsar r the d 2 famous malls ...just didnt want to malign them.but since u asked im doing :P...
Chef michael is the food ambassador of Prince Edward island..the place this recipe is from and also it is his creation ...read my 'mapping the aroma' blog for more info :)

blogoftreez said...

Jo, the blog is just abt the experience of cooking ..recipe is given but not in the usual way like 2 cups this,1 tsp that etc...i have described how i cooked it and if you are interested i will jot it down for u :)

Joseph Thankachan said...

m only interested in eating :P

blogoftreez said...

he he...will get u something packed someday :)

Apple said...

I KNOW how long it took you!!!
I was there when you were running between isles looking for Salmon!!! :P

Bobby said...

well.. i thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog.. i would be waiting for the other 201 dishes eagerly... keep writing!

Post a Comment