Hi, Welcome to my blog, enjoy reading.
RSS

Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mapping the Aroma

Amongst the many hobbies I  tried,cooking has been the most loved and interesting. I am a certified foodie but if you ask the elite club members, not all foodies are good cooks but mostly all good cooks are great foodies. Slicing juicy red tomatoes, washing spring green chillies in bright mid mornings, exotic smell of fresh coriander and onions glistening in oil...everything which happens when ingredients are mixed is happiness discovered!

Something else that I am here to discover. Countries. I am starting a journey of exploring all 203 countries ( number according to my other friend, Wiki) and combined with my passion for cooking, it is a discovery of their national cuisines. The world has intermingled and trade has opened barriers,boundaries, brains and taste buds have also been sauteed to experiment different delicacies. Britain swears by curry rather than it's traditional fish and chips ,which are now like supporting actors in the less known movies released every year.American fast food is being camouflaged in Asian countries by the local spices. MkAloo,MkPaneer wrap and french fries in chicken tikka..etc. It's good for one's hunger but there is not anything solely which a  country says is it's original cuisine anymore. I hope my journey will help me and you to find out the pure,original and patented delicacies that is very local.!! 'Bone' voyage!! :)

1st milestone -  Prince Edward Island,Canada.
Emotional reasons. Prince Edward Island  (PEI )in Canada is a place I want to visit ever since I read Anne series by L.M. Montgomery. A childhood book with me which I always turn back to. PEI, I believe would be more beautiful than I imagined, and reading from the net and Wiki ,its ordained by farmlands and greenery and known to be  a beautiful ,clean place.
As a tribute to that place, I will start with the famous Island chef  Micheal Smith's  Smoked Salmon with Pasta and Simple Lemon Dill.PEI is also known for it's potatoes.I shall cook a dish with this universal vegetable too,once I hook the salmon.
Pre the cooking  - Salmon will create a hole in my purse,but never a better time to try :)
Board results - will put up the pic,my version of the recipe and how changed it was from Chef's. Click here coz the dish is here!

5 comments:

Spiritual Sherpa said...

:D among the many hobbies like recording frog conversations, studying the carnivorous feeding habits of ameobas etc etc? ;)

Hmm a good starter..so wheres u taking me to next? I want to have a moonian delicacy...

blogoftreez said...

PJ ...moon par will u eat or will u stand overwhelmed by d view ? :))

Binisha Jaiswal said...

loved the piece u wrote...i guess experimenting adds spice in life....and cooking is the best way to do dat...being a total foodie would love to know more abt the world cuisine....

blogoftreez said...

bini thnks dear...will let u kno :) waise yeh expereimnts mere pocket mein hole karega zaroor...:)

Apple said...

Not a bad start at all i must say..
Are you doing another version of Julie & Julia????
And if u havent seen that movie..YOU MUST!!!
And u'd realise you are on the same path girl!!

Post a Comment